We place great importance on the protection of user’s privacy and its obligations in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
Clarins (UK) Ltd. whose registered office is located 10 Cavendish Place, London, W1G 9DN and CFG whose registered office is located 9 rue du Commandant Pilot, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France are joint data controllers for the website www.mugler.com.
We collect personal information from you when:
- you visit our website;
- you create an account on our website;
- you make a purchase on our website;
- you make a purchase at one of our counters in store
- you subscribe to our newsletters;
- you sign up for one of our loyalty programmes;
- you participate in special operations, in particular games, competitions, product tests, customers surveys or market researches;
- you share content on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter using the hashtag #Mugler, #AuraMugler, #ListenToYourInstinct, #HateToLove, #AngelMuse, #MuglerAmen, #MuglerLesExceptions, #AngelStar, #AlienFeelExtraordinary, #MyMugler or other hashtags we offer;
- you are visiting one of our point of sale in our distribution network ;
- you contact us, in particular when you call or submit a request or a complaint to our Customer Service teams, when you rate or review our products and/or services or when you chat with other visitors in real time;
- you have given your consent to third parties to send us personal information about you.
We consider that all information that could identify you directly or indirectly are "personal information". We may mainly collect the following personal information:
Personal information may be collected mainly for the following purposes:
We never sell nor rent your personal information to other companies for marketing purposes.
Clarins is an international group that operates in many countries. The personal information we are collecting about you will be used by CFG and Clarins (UK) Ltd. and are likely to be communicated to other Clarins Group companies if necessary and in particular to our subsidiaries in France, South Africa, Germany, Australia, Austria, Benelux, Canada, China, South Korea, Dubai, Spain, Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Taiwan.
It may also be shared with service providers chosen for their expertise and reliability and acting on our behalf and at our direction (order processing and fulfilment, secure payment, customer service management, maintenance and technical development operations, rate and reviews, analytics, management of digital campaigns, etc.). We authorize these service providers to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that your personal information are always protected.
These third parties may be located in or out of the European Economic Area (EEA), including in countries that do not provide the same level of data protection as in your country of residence. In such a case, we will ensure that:
- we obtain your unambiguous consent to share your personal information with these third parties,
- we enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming to the Standard Model Clauses established by the European Commission,
- we comply with Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) approved by competent authorities;
- we ensure that those third parties comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Privacy Shield Principles regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the U.S.
Finally, we may also transmit your personal information to local authorities if required by law or as part of an investigation and in accordance with applicable regulations.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures, in relation to the nature of data and risks, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your personal information and, in particular, to prevent them from being altered, disclosed or transmitted to any unauthorized parties.
This may include practices such as limited access by members of staff who, by virtue of their duties, are authorized to access data, contractual guarantees in case of third-party provider, privacy impact assessments, internal reviews of our practices and privacy policies and/or implementation of physical and/or systematic security measures (secure access, authentication process, backup, antivirus, firewall, etc.).
This website www.mugler.com is not aimed at minors.
We do not knowingly collect nor process personal information from minors. Assuming we would have knowledge of the collection of personal information from minors without prior authorization from the holder of the parental responsibility, we will take appropriate measures to contact the person and, if necessary, to delete this personal data from our servers and/or those of our service providers.
For more information on our Cookies Policy.
You can choose to use our hashtags to tag your content on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
By using these hashtags, you acknowledge and agree that your content may appear on our website and be used to refer to our products or services.
We remind you that the information you share on social networks can be consulted, used and saved by others around the world, in particular in countries without legislation guaranteeing an adequate level of protection of your personal information as defined in your country of residence.
We also draw your attention to the fact that when you submit content using one of our hashtags, your use of social networks is exclusively governed by the general conditions of these social networks. We invite you to read it and to refer to it regularly.
If you no longer want your content to appear on our site, please remove it from the social network or stop using hashtags.
As a general rule:
- Customer / prospect data will be kept for three years from the date of collection or after the last contact or the end of the commercial relationship, unless it is opposed or requested to be deleted by you. At the end of this three-year period, we may make contact with you again in order to find out whether or not you wish to continue to receive marketing approaches. If no clear positive answer is given by you, your data will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
- Data relating to identity documents will be kept for one year in the event of exercise of the right of access, rectification, limitation, deletion or portability and three years in the event of exercise of the right to object.
- Data on credit cards will be deleted after the transaction or archived for evidence purposes in accordance with the provisions in force. Subject to your express consent, banking data may be kept until the expiration date of the credit card. We never store your visual cryptogram.
- Data to prove a right or a contract, or kept under compliance with a legal obligation can be archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
- Recordings of telephone conversations may be kept for up to six months.
If you give us your email address, phone number or mailing address, you may receive emails, calls or periodic messages from us about our products, services or upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting us at the address below or by following the link "unsubscribe" contained in each of our emails. You can also change your preferences at any time in your account.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you have a right to access, rectification, erasure and data portability of your personal data as well as a right to object and restriction of processing. You can also withdraw your consent at any time. To exercise these rights, you must send us a request accompanied with a copy of your identification document including your signature:
- By E-mail a request to the Customer Service;
- By writing to the following address: Clarins (UK) Ltd.,10 Cavendish Place, London, W1G 9DN
You will be informed of the actions to be taken as soon as possible and in any case no later than one month after your request. However we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or vexatious requests.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you can also file a complaint with the competent authority responsible for data protection or lodge an appeal if your data are misused.
Clarins (UK) Ltd.
10 Cavendish Place, London, W1G 9DN